So lately many friends, co-workers, “facebookers” have asked me what do I use for my hair. Well as of right now, I’m still trying out many products to see what’s right for me. However, I can list my favorites so far and the most frequently used products on my hair. This list is just in random order. I will give it my overall rate and soon I’ll do product reviews also on them. My rate scale is 1-5, 1 being the worst and 5 the best.
1. Uncle Funky’s Daughter: Rich & Funky Moisturizing Cleanser (Shampoo)
- I really love this product because it’s so rich with extracts and oils that are yummy for the hair. It is free of parben, synthetic dyes, and sulfates which is such a bonus.
- Unfortunately it is not sold every (Based it Texas but sold mostly in southern states) but you can purchase online at unclefunkysdaughter.com
- My overall rate is a 4; it would’ve been a 5 but just the inconvenience of ordering it online drop the score.
2. Aveda: Damage Remedy- Intensive Restructuring Treatment (Deep Conditioner)
- I really like this product. The reason why I didn’t use love because I expected more from Aveda’s product line. I have used many of their products.
- I like it because it makes hair more manageable and softer. It also makes my hair easy to detangle and style afterwards
- Depending where you live, you can probably find an Aveda store near you. If not, all products can be online
- My overall rate is a 3
3. Jane Carter Solution: Revitalizing leave-in conditioner
- I love the Jane Carter’s products! I usually spray this in my hair everyday when I finish washing my hair or on my way out.
- It’s a good wash n’ go conditioner. It does a great job moisturizing and making hair softer. This product has a lot of hair goodies that you may love.
- JCS products can be purchase at your local Target or Sally beauty supply store.
- My overall rate is a 5
4. Giovanni: Direct Leave-in-Weightless Moisture Conditioner
- Giovanni is another product line I recommend to young natural divas.
- It contains a lot of oils and natural hair goodies as well. It really is weightless like bottle says.
- I have no problem spotting Giovanni line everywhere I shop. I even seen it in Wegmens and Giant grocery stores. If you’re not as luck as me, you can always order it online at their website.
- My overall rate is a 5.
5. Cantu: Shea Butter- Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream
- This is actually my first product I bought after I had my big chop.
- I would not recommend Cantu’s product line because many of them have chemicals in them.
- Now a days, I don’t use it by itself but I pair it with Paul Mitchell’s conditioner
- It’s really cheap, no more than 4 dollars at Wal-Mart.
- Overall rate is 3 but paired with Paul Mitchell 5
6. Paul Mitchell’s Original: The Conditioner- leave-in moisturizer
- Its okay when by itself. Period. It has some PEG factors. If you don’t what that is, read my previous blog post “The Truth About Our Deadly ‘Beauty’ Products”
- However, when pair with Cantu’s repair cream at #5, it’s amazing.
- It can be found just about in any store that sells beauty supplies.
- Overall rate is 3 but paired with Cantu is 5
7. Eco Styler: Olive Oil Styling Gel
- I would recommend but this is a MUST HAVE.
- This is a cheap gel and you get 32 oz for 4 bucks.
- If you don’t have, you just need to stop reading this blog and go to the store and get it. lol
- You can find it just about any beauty supply store.
- Overall rate is a 5
8. Shea Moisture: Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioning- Curl & Style Milk
- Shea Moisture is another great product line
- They have silk protein and all types of oil; I use this one to moisturize when I have a day 2 styles or after a washing my hair
- Can be a little pricey but you can find it at Target and some other beauty supply stores depending where you live.
- Overall rate is 5
9. My Own Whipped Shea Butter
- I been making my own little experiments.
- Hopefully, I’ll start to market it.
- I’ll blog more information soon
10. Oils!!! (Essential, Carrier, etc).
- You can’t just live without them. Period
- Overall rate is 10